An Internet Hotlist on Literature Units
created by Mrs. Torigian
Elm Street School
| The Mouse and the Motorcycle
| Ralph S. Mouse
| Charlotte's Web
| Stuart Little
| Amber Brown
| Sarah Plain and Tall
The links below correspond to literature books we're reading in class. Links are sorted by book title. When you're group is reading one of these books, go to that section and explore the links and activities under the title. Have fun learning with these extension activities.
The Internet Resources
- Lesson Pathways - Free Literature Units - Lesson Pathways provides a comprehensive language arts program for Pre-K through fifth grade. Each unit is based on a literature selection and language arts concept. The goal is to increase your child's appreciation and comprehension of literature through hands-on and printable activities. Although each year builds upon concepts taught in previous guided journeys, you can begin the language arts study with any year. Browse through the book titles available for each year.
The Mouse and the Motorcycle
Ralph S. Mouse
- CW: Adjectives - Printable. Charlotte wrote words that described Wilbur in her web. Words that describe are adjectives. Look at Charlotte's words in the spider webs. Write a sentence using those words.
- CW: Character Matching - Printable.
- CW: Emotions - Wilbur has a lot of different emotions throughout the book. Look through the book and write down the different emotions Wilbur had and why.
- CW: Favorite Character Report - Print this out.
- CW: Friendship Thoughts - Printable.In Charlotte's Web, Wilbur and Charlotte have a special and unusual friendship. Think about a friend of yours and answer these questions.
- CW: Interactive Word Search -
- CW: Story Elements Map - printable
- CW: Who Am I? - Print this out and write in the correct characters name.
- Charlotte's Web Challenge - This challenge will focus on the book Charlotte's Web. The questions are randomly selected from the book to test your comprehension of the facts in Charlotte's Web. Have fun!
- Charlotte's Web Characters Hangman Game - Guess the hidden word. Each word is a character from Charlotte's Web.
- Charlotte's Web Interactive Crossword Puzzle -
- Charlotte's Web Millionaire's Game - Play this 'millionaire' game to test your knowledge of this classic tale.
- Charlotte's Web Quia Quiz - If you are a Charlotte and Wilbur fan, you will love our quiz! These questions and multiple choice answers were created by the Second Grade Students in Mrs. Singer's Class at Terryville Road School, New York. The pictures that illustrate parts of the story were beautifully done on Kids Pix Deluxe 3.
- Charlotte's Web Quiz - Scroll down and click 'Take Quiz Now' button next to the book.
- Charlotte's Web Quiz: Quotes - In Charlotte's Web, by E.B. White, who said each of these quotes?
- Charlotte's Web Technology Activities - eleven different learning activities
- Charlotte's Web Trivia Puzzles -
- Charlotte's Web Vocab 1-3 - Play three games with vocabulary from chapters 1 through 3.
- Charlotte's Web Vocabulary, Chapters 7-9 -
- Charlotte's Web vocabulary chapters 4-6 -
- Charlotte's Web vocabulary, chapters 10-12 -
- Charlotte's Web vocabulary, chapters 13-15 -
- Charlotte's Web vocabulary, chapters 16-18 -
- Charlotte's Web vocabulary, chapters 19-22 -
- Charlotte's Web: the Book - How well do you know the book?
- Favorite Character Bar Graph - Print this out to use the data from your survey to make a graph.
- Fern Character Graphic Organizer - Print this out and write adjectives that describe Fern.
- Language Arts Charlotte's Web - Print out and fill in blanks with correct answers.
- WILBUR acrostic printable - Write an acrostic poem about Wilbur. Begin each line with a word that starts with the letter on that line. Use words that describe Wilbur.
Sarah Plain and Tall
Content by Mrs. Torigian, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last revised Sun Sep 8 10:49:50 US/Pacific 2013