Manske's Top Picks
An Internet Hotlist on Sites for Kids
created by Mrs. Manske
Hamilton School District
| Kindergarten and Grade 1
| Grades 2-3
| Grade 4
| Grade 5
| Learning Games and Activities
| Indoor Fun
Parents, here is a list of some of the sites we use at school. Students are usually directed to the reinforcing games/activities as a lesson or as reinforcement of a taught concept. Have fun exploring them with your children. We check the links listed here once a month. If you find any that are no longer working, please don't hesitate to notify me at:
The Internet Resources
- ABCYa - Fun learning games set up by grade level.
- ABCya General Game Menu - Learning games set up according to grade level.
- Brainpop Jr. - Great movies for younger students to use.
- Brainpop Videos - Wonderful videos for topics related to science, social studies and a lot of other subjects.
- I-Ready -
- Literacy Links - Links which integrate technology with literacy strategies.
- Maple Avenue List - Use this Filimentality to get to great sites that teachers are using at Maple Avenue School.
- Mrs. Rupnow's Radical Web Wows - The Technology teacher from Woodside School has many exciting learning games for you to explore.
- Seussville - Oh, what wonderful things you will find at this Dr. Seuss site!
- TVO Kids - Fun games that cover a wide range of topics and grade levels.
- The Weather Channel - Use this link to weather information about the states.
Kindergarten and Grade 1
Learning Games and Activities
- ****NEW Typing Games**** - Have some fun practicing the skill of keyboarding.
- Free Typing Games - Click here to practice your typing skills all while feeding the frogs, saving the planet from asteroids and sailing on a nice lake:)
- Math Advantage - Use these to get added practice on math concepts at your grade level.
- Typing Club - Use this website to practice your letters. Remember to record your WPM time and accuracy percentage on your Typing Club record sheet.
- Wacky Web Tales - Learn parts of speech the fun way. Create stories by filling in (Mad-lib style)the blanks.
Content by Mrs. Manske, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last revised Thu Dec 18 6:08:39 US/Pacific 2014