Manske's Top Picks
An Internet Hotlist on Sites for Kids
created by Mrs. Manske
Hamilton School District
| Kindergarten and Grade 1
| Grades 2-3
| Grade 4
| Grade 5
| Learning Games and Activities
| Indoor Fun
Parents, here is a list of some of the sites we use at school. Students are usually directed to the reinforcing games/activities as a lesson or as reinforcement of a taught concept. Have fun exploring them with your children. We check the links listed here once a month. If you find any that are no longer working, please don't hesitate to notify me at:
The Internet Resources
- ABCYa - Fun learning games set up by grade level.
- ABCya General Game Menu - Learning games set up according to grade level.
- Brainpop Jr. - Great movies for younger students to use.
- Brainpop Videos - Wonderful videos for topics related to science, social studies and a lot of other subjects.
- I-Ready -
- Literacy Links - Links which integrate technology with literacy strategies.
- Maple Avenue List - Use this Filimentality to get to great sites that teachers are using at Maple Avenue School.
- Mrs. Rupnow's Radical Web Wows - The Technology teacher from Woodside School has many exciting learning games for you to explore.
- Seussville - Oh, what wonderful things you will find at this Dr. Seuss site!
- TVO Kids - Fun games that cover a wide range of topics and grade levels.
- The Weather Channel - Use this link to weather information about the states.
Kindergarten and Grade 1
Learning Games and Activities
- ****NEW Typing Games**** - Have some fun practicing the skill of keyboarding.
- Free Typing Games - Click here to practice your typing skills all while feeding the frogs, saving the planet from asteroids and sailing on a nice lake:)
- Math Advantage - Use these to get added practice on math concepts at your grade level.
- Math Playground - A great site for checking on understanding of math concepts as well as a place to practice your basic facts.
- Typing Club - Use this website to practice your letters. Remember to record your WPM time and accuracy percentage on your Typing Club record sheet.
- Wacky Tales - Job 2) Using this website, fill in the appropriate words to create some fun Madlibs. When you have created at least 3 funny stories complete Job 3. Job 3) On the answer sheet include your name, grade and tell us if you enjoyed doing this independent web activity this year. Should we do it next year? Is there anything that we could do to make this activity better?
- Wacky Web Tales - Learn parts of speech the fun way. Create stories by filling in (Mad-lib style)the blanks.
- Cool Math - A very 'cool' site for students. This site includes more "cool" than math so it has been moved to indoor fun.
- Family Education - Games for the whole family related to subjects in school.
- King Online Games - Play some fun games over the summer. You will especially enjoy the challenge of Civiballs which focuses on physics.
- Lego Creator - Have fun building legos in the virtual world.
- Lego Fun Zone - Have some fun with legos.
- PBS for Kids - Many links to various activities featuring popular characters including Clifford, Arthur, Barney and more.
- Poptropica - Come explore the many lands of Poptropica.
Content by Mrs. Manske, email@example.com
Last revised Thu Oct 30 6:56:13 US/Pacific 2014